Yes its a week out, but i’ve been thinking.
2 Chronicles 17:3 The Lord was with Jehoshaphat because he followed the ways of his father `David before him
Luke 6:40 A student is not above his teacher, but anyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
I am extremely thankful for the time I was able to spend with my dad. I understand the importance of the passages in 2 Chronicles and in Luke. As a dad myself, I want my kids to do everything better than I did them. I want them to have a greater eternal perspective on life.
Here are 5 songs my dad enjoyed. Not to say they were his favorites I can’t say he had one. These are ones that, when I hear them, remind me….
1. When I was 14 my dad sat me down and we watched the Woodstock Documentary…all I really remember was that the people in the 60’s should have kept their clothes on-that was not cool. I think my wife snagged his Canned Heat albums after he passed away.
2. Every Beach Boys Album, regardless if it had the same songs as the last one, my dad owned. This was living room dance music
3. I don’t know how many bands actually covered this song, originally Ian and Sylvia’s “You Were on My Mind, but this was probably his favorite.
4. He had books on The Mamas and the Papas, and he shared the history of The Mamas and the Papas-often.
5. My earliest memory is recording our Peter, Paul and Mary vinyl onto tapes for road trips. Before I was 10 I had been through 43 states. Bill Cosby Comedy tapes and Peter, Paul and Mary