The love of my life puts a Christmas CD together each year. I think the first year was right around the time my dad died….so there are about the 5 or 6 in existence…some better than others. We mail them out to my bros in CA & we all play them all.
Our family shoots for having most (if not all) Christmas shopping, decorating and planning done before Thanksgiving. The reasoning – that we wouldn’t miss a moment of the season that recognizes Christ’s coming to earth….not that we’re perfect in fixing our eyes on the author & perfector of our faith…more so just the opposite, and it just seems a lot easier to allow more time for the “much needed grace” that comes each holiday season.
Each year a song is added that has become a favorite either with the kids or just around the house in general thus the Alpha Blondie tune at the end.
So, there you go. Make sure you leave plenty of room for enjoying Jesus this Christmas verses elbowing your way through the shoppers-and traffic hears a lot less cursing when you have more of reason to celebrate than to rush around with the masses.
1. Cool Jerk -the capitals
2. O holy night- Weezer
3. O come all ye faithful – Freddie McGregor
4. Santa Claus go straight to the ghetto -James Brown
5. Silver Bells -Alice Smith
6. Silent Night -Priscilla Ahn
7. Winter Wonderland -Kate Hovnevik
8. Praise Jah its Christmas -Alton Ellis
9. I saw three ships -Sting
10. Christmas -Rogue Wave
11. What child is this? -Allison Krauss
12. Winter Song – Sara Bureilles & Ingrid Michaelson
13. Frosty the snowman -Fiona Apple
14. Mistletoe -Colbie Caillat
15. Please come home for Christmas -The Eagles
16. Let it snow -Diana Krall
17. Mary’s boy child -The Jingle Bells
18. Merry Christmas, Baby -Otis Redding
19. Cocody Rock -Alpha Blondie